Friday, July 8, 2011

The decision to blog.

I have been privately journaling about my Moo Do Kwan experiences, but just today I decided that I wanted to make more of a formal habit of doing so. Of course there are the essays due for each Shim Sa (test), but if I am to truly be a Scholar in the Art, and a philosopher of its principles, the process should be more continuous.

I make no promises to write daily, but I do hope to promote the habit of contemplating daily.

I named this blog after Choi Sa Bom Nim's frequently-heard phrase: "That's the Soo Bahk Do way is." Whatever precedes it is not just a definition but a mental training, a way to approach what we are doing.

Master Choi reminded us recently not to hold our Soo Bahk Do knowledge in our skin, but let it fill us. This blog is part of the process of doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment